Theodore James Ryken Society
The Theodore James Ryken Society recognizes friends of the Xaverian Brothers who are involved in the Xaverian Brothers mission through their interest, moral support, prayers, and donations of $1,000 or more annually.
The Xaverian Mission touches the lives of the neediest people. The primary focus of our mission is evangelization through human development and education of youth. The question we ask ourselves in determining the focus of our mission is, “lf we don’t do this ministry, who will?”
Your commitment to the Theodore James Ryken Society will allow the Congregation to do the following:
- To continue to provide the training and formation our boards, administrators, and faculties need to make Xaverian education a vibrant force in the lives of our students.
- To continue to provide support to our Congolese and Kenyan Brothers as they carry out the spirit of the Xaverian Charism of education to over 9,000 students in two high schools and two elementary schools in Congo, and one high school in Kenya.
- The Society also gives hope to the orphans and children abandoned to the streets because of poverty in Bolivia, Congo, and Kenya. Your gift also supports the ministry that our young Kenyan Brothers are doing in one of the worst slums in the world.
- In addition, your gift also supports our retired Brothers in the United States, many of whom are a source of inspiration as they continue to do volunteer ministries among the poor, prisoners, and immigrants.
- You and your loved ones will be enrolled in the remembrance of the Living at daily Masses in our retirement communities: Xaverian House in Danvers, Massachusetts, and Ryken House in Louisville, Kentucky.
- You will be invited to submit to the Advancement Office the names of members of your family and friends who are in need of prayers. Their names will be sent to all of our Brothers throughout the world.
- Upon the death of a family member or friend you will be invited to send the name of the deceased to the Advancement Office to enroll the person in our Perpetual Mass Remembrance.
- Prior to the month of November, you will be invited to send the names of those deceased family members or friends whom you want remembered by the Brothers in their daily prayers.
- Annually you will be invited to a luncheon with the General Superior and other members of the General Staff to be hosted at Xaverian House in Danvers, the Generalate in Baltimore, and Ryken House in Louisville to hear about our mission activity and to meet our Brothers.
The Theodore James Ryken Society Levels of Giving
|Theodore James Ryken Society||$1,000 – $2,499|
|Keepers of the Flame||$2,500 – $4,999|
|Stewards of the Xaverian Educational Charism||$5,000 – $9,999|
|Trustees of Ryken’s Legacy||$10,000 or more|
To learn more about The Theodore James Ryken Society and the specific projects and programs that we’re asking for your support of, please contact Stephanie Stricker at 410-646-6777 or by e-mail email@example.com.